Re: tuning info wanted

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>,
Subject: Re: tuning info wanted
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 20:36:16 -0600 (MDT)
I may be mistaken, but I don't think that 1300 is too far off from the
norm.  I had mine down around 900, but then is lower than most people
run 'em I think.

You can reduce the idle speed by loosening the idle screw[s] back a
bit.  I don't have the HIFs so I don't know where they are on your
carbs, but if you look at your linkage at rest, there will be a screw
or two that stop the spring-loaded linkage from unwinding any more.
Those are the idle screws.  Loosen them and you will idle slower.  Keep
them balanced as you do it if you have two screws.

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///