RE: Why is it so hard to choose a #$!%!^ color?

To: "'Kevin Sullivan'" <kevins@khoral.com>,
Subject: RE: Why is it so hard to choose a #$!%!^ color?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:05:59 -0700
Ooooooooh.

        I fell in love with the color scheme that Porsche used on the early
Turbo Carrara (SP).  Dark Blue, with a slightly lighter Blue "Carrara"
script flowing over the rear fender flares.

        As a younger sprat, I wanted to paint my V6 powered MGB GT in a
similar manner.   Dark Jaguar British Racing Green (almost Black) with
"Draconis Vers*" in lighter green script flowing down the rear fenders.

        Being a habitually broke hobbyist, the car never did get painted and
spent it's life with faded original paint.  Perhaps a good thing.

Kelvin.

* Green Dragon.

> > That makes me think "Why dont I do an all black. Black
> laquer with alot of
> > clear coat." and I liked the look of the roadster that was
> posted here
> > today. But I worry about all black being too hot in the summer.

> Oh, yeah, it'll be hot.
> How about -- do the stripes in black, but over a body color
> that's black
> with _just_ enough green in it to be able to tell it's not black, if
> you're in the right light.  That would be cool.  Or do the
> same thing with
> flames.  I've seen some great looking flame jobs with flames that were
> _almost_ the same color as the car.
>
> --
> Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com

///