Re: Warped front discs

To: eugeneb@nni.com, Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com, eric@erickson.on.net,
Subject: Re: Warped front discs
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:21:22 EDT
In a message dated 7/16/01 11:13:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eugeneb@nni.com
writes:

> Apparently there is now someting called a "torque sticks" which is placed
> on the end of the air wrench between the
> wrench and the lug, and has lessened the tendency to warp discs.  The torque
> sticks come in
> different colors for different torque ramge ratings.  I do not know the
> actual method by which they
> control the torque.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

They are available from Sears Craftsman, but I think they only sell them in
sets, which tend to be expensive.  I would like to be able to buy the ones I
need for my cars.  Snap On sells them individually for $42 each.  I'll stick
to my clicker.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget