Which Top Header Rail?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Which Top Header Rail?
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:03:48 -0600
Hey guys,

I got 2 header rails from an eBay auction to use on my 67 with a stow away
top.  Now my question is to figure out which one to keep, and which one to
sell.

One is gray (which matches the top bows) and the other is black (which I
thought means later) The black one has the plugs in place as if it was
meant for a stow away top.  The gray one does not have these blockers.  The
latches came to me in a bag, and they two are different, one set is
chromed, one looks like brushed metal.

What combination should I use to be correct for my car?  I can sandblast
and paint both the bows and the header rail to match, any recommendations
as to paint?  I looked at the Original MGB, and its no clear on the header
rails.

Thanks
Patton

PS, anyone needing a header rail, I will have the spare one for sale along
with my tonneau with headrests as soon as I figure which header rail to
keep. I will blast and paint it if required.  Email for pics (we just got a
digital camera yesterday) .

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///