Re: Which Top Header Rail?

To: MGTD1952@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which Top Header Rail?
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 00:08:18 -0600
At 10:37 PM 2/15/2002, MGTD1952@cs.com wrote:
>But Moss only carries one top for the stowaway.  What was the difference?  (I
>need to know, as I need a new top.)

Steve

There are a couple aftermarket types out there that I saw

My favorite seems to be the one with the zip out at LBCarCo.  This is the
only stow away top that I have seen available with the zip out over here,
and the prices seem pretty good.
http://www.lbcarco.com/cgi-bin/gen5?nextform=/tops.html&o=&a=&t=_top#MGBTOP
I think I am going to go with one of these, but there are other priorities
in the budget right now.   Of course they can also get you a good deal on
the top Moss sells.

There is also a Bikini top if you only want to block sun, plus it would
take up very little room.  Here is the link....
http://www.mgbspares.com/MGBikiniTop.html
I thought about, but if I am going to spend that much, I might as well use
the zip out.  I will say this, I bought some parts from these guys last
month and I was real happy dealing with them.

I got a very good recommendation (from Frank Clarici on the Spridget list)
about Sidney Levine <ae13@nii.net> who always sells on eBay.  His tops are
made by Crown (according to Frank) and sell in White or Black for $145, $20
more for other colors.
You can see his auctions by following the below link
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=ae13@hightec.com
This will be my budget pick if I don't go with the first one....

Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///