[Top] [All Lists]

Re: It's a start

Subject: Re: It's a start
From: Bob Howard <>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 14:11:08 -0400
Take a look for a connection on the intake manifold, something like a
5/16" hole with a tube projecting.  Mine is toward the rear on the top
surface ('72).  The rubber hose would connect the nipple on the
distributor advance to the metal tube on the manifold. 

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:22:33 -0400 Mike Torrusio <>
> Well, I looked under the hood.  Maybe, having a mechanic is not the 
> way 
> to go.  I used to build my own rods a million years ago, now I'm 
> trying 
> to remember everything from those ancient times.
> Anyway, the vacuum thing (advance?) on the distributer has a nipple 
> but 
> does not have anything attached to it.  If I remember correctly, 
> there 
> should be a little rubber hose attached.  (Don't make fun of me, I'm 
> very good at legal research).  I looked around for it but can't 
> remember where it comes from, so it was a futile gesture.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Cordially,
> Michael Torrusio, Jr.

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>