Re: attachment points, front fender

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: attachment points, front fender
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:34:32 -0000
The lower part of the front wing screws into a flange on the bottom of the
sill.  If the flange has corroded away then that implies major corrosion in
the sill itself, which usually means the inner membrane and castle section
if not the box section, floor pan and fixed cross-member outriggers also
need replacing.  This is one of the biggies on an MGB, which makes securing
the bottom of the wing rather incidental :o(  Apart from that attaching a
piece of sheet metal - if you can find something to attach it to - to screw
the lower edge of the wing to is fine.

Good luck,
PaulH.