Checking Oil

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Checking Oil
From: "Thomas L. Burgin" <tburgin1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:13:10 -0600
I have had my 1980 MGB for three months now.  I want to check the oil
level in the transmission.  I raised the flooring and removed the
rubble seal.  I have no ideal what I should feel or remove to check
the oil.  When I stuck my fat hand down on the transmission I  had no
idea what to do next.  How do I check the oil level and add oil if I
need it.  Second what type of engine oil should I use.  I understand
that I should use engine oil and what weight.

Thomas L. Burgin