RE: Checking Oil

To: tburgin1@cox.net, Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Checking Oil
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 10:33:13 -0500
Thomas
This is what I did with my 1978 MGB when I had it... If you have a late O/D
you stick your little finger in the side hole of the tranny and feel if the
oil is at the level of the hole. You can fill it with a tube and pump that
attaches to your oil bottle. Local auto parts stores sell them.
On my 70B and 69C the tranny has a stick and fill that is behind the radio
and you must pull up the carpet and pull the rubber plug to find it. I
attached a string to it and use that to pull it out. It has a dip stick on
it. Using the same tube and pump I described previously, you can fill it
from there.

Jim Schulte
Aquatic Coordinator Souderton S.D.
Co-Secretary Philadelphia MG Club