Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil

To: "Steven Trovato" <strovato@optonline.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:12:10 +0100
No one said you did, just that neither claim is necessarily correct.  I'd
rather go by the experiences of owners than by some organisation that I doubt
has done extensive testing on 60s technology engines, especially of foreign
manufacture.  Diesel oil *does* have different classifications, but if you
look at most actual products you will see that they specify both Diesel and
Petrol classifications, and hence are suitable for both, even though the can
labelling may or may not include the word 'Diesel'.  Currently, and in the UK,
Diesel oils to CF-4 and SJ are commonly available, whereas petrol oils are to
SL or SM.

The whole point is that there are many claims out there, some are undoubtedly
correct, some are confused, some are incorrect and some are downright lies.
How are we to know which are which if not for actual experience?  We are on
our own, and have to make our own decisions.

PaulH.