Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] [Mgb-v8] Kendall Oil
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:33:03 -0700
Let's throw in some actual user experience, then.

When I took the head off my B engine, it had serious valve recession and
extreme cam and lifter wear (several cam lobes were worn down almost 0.2
inch). This was a non-smog high compression Gold Seal engine from the late
80s, with around 85K miles, almost all on Castrol GTX 20w50.

So, I am convinced that current formulations of the factory recommended
lubricant are inadequate for tappet protection. The service manual no longer
applies.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149