Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank fumes

To: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>, "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank fumes
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:37:51 -0800
Guys:
    This is just my 2c worth.  I was planning to run the tank in the cab.  I
figured my dad and brother had run it that way for nearly 20 years with no
problems.  Then I saw the 60 minute expose on the early Mustang gas tanks.
I'm building my truck so that my son can use it for transportation, when I'm
not cuisin' it.  If anything should happen to him because of the tanks
location, I'd never forgive myself.  So the tanks heading to the rear under
the bed.  I understand a Chevy Monza tank is a good swap.
    I'm not a resto person, so this does not offend my senses.  It
certainl;y will allow me to sleep better while my son is driving the old
truck.

Mark Self
Redlands, CA
'55 1st 5-window 3100