Re: [oletrucks] EDM?

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] EDM?
From: "G. StPierre" <gstpierr@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:45:10 -0800 (PST)
EDM is electrical discharge machining in my neck of the woods.  Typically
a steel part is loaded into a large open or closed chamber and a carbon
electrode is pressed against it.  There is a very large current that is
passed and the steel is basically evaporated.  The carbon electrode is
usually cut to some shape that is desired in the finished part.  We used
this process for burning shapes through steel dies for aluminum extrusion.

Regards,

Greg St. Pierre
'55 Task 4x4ce