[Top] [All Lists]

RE: [oletrucks] EDM?

To: <Hudson29@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <CLLLSLS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] EDM?
From: "Tom Burt" <tburt@hirose.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:04:19 -0800
My $0.02...

EDM = Electronic Discharge Machining
Two processess:
Wire EDM used for surface machining
Sink EDM used for pockets and hard to reach areas

Process originally designed to remove broken taps, easyouts and case
hardened bolts.  The EDM process "burns" or vaporizes material to remove it.
I think you have to remove the part and take it to a machine shop that uses
this process.

Tom B. '57 3200 Stepside

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Hudson29@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 2:58 PM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net; CLLLSLS@aol.com
Subject: [oletrucks] EDM?

    Dustin commented concerning my broken Easy Out:

"The best thing to do would be to EDM it out"

    I have heard this is the "A" solution from guys that work with high
dollar classic cars and bikes. What is the EDM process, and who does it? Can
they work on a completely assembled motor in the bed of a pickup? What can
expect to pay for this service?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>