Re: [oletrucks] rear end parts

To: <Advdesign1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rear end parts
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 11:32:31 -0600
I was kinda hoping someone on this list had one I could purchase. (vent
piece for differential) Due to the recycling of old steel and iron these
days, its getting almost impossible to find certain items.. this is one of
them. Maybe there are others on this list around the Wichita area who know
of a salvage yard where a chevy truck differential from 1950 is?

I am also looking for the brace under the dash. Its the larger brace that
goes from the firewall to the steering column. It fell apart on me when I
was taking the dash apart. The parking brake linkage (the one threaded on
both ends to accomodate the Park Brake Lever Knob is also broke and I need
it too.

If I cant get these items from other truck enthusiasts, I'm gonna have to
start driving long distances to locate salvage yards that havent reclaimed
the old stuff. Its more economical to just pay someone what the items are
worth.