Re: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gen. - Alt. / Points to electronic
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:25:31 -0700
Therer are conversion kits from JC Whitney for about  70 buck and still use the
stock dist. cap. I would not do away with the vacuum advance. It will heat up
and mileage will suffer. It can ping under load, as well. The timimg will retard
when there is less vacuum, usually under  a load. I was getting 23 mpg with my
235 in my 57 ½ ton with a Caddy 100 amp alternator, not the one wire type and a
T5 5 speed OD trans and 235/75R15 mud grip tires. The HEI's are very good for
the money. Nothing can touch them as far as performance for the stovebolt. They
are good to about 6,000 rpm's in stock form.