[oletrucks] Restoration Package.

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Restoration Package.
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <oletwuk@fastrus.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:45:44 -0500
Hi all,

  I've been reading the posts on how much trouble folks seems to be having
getting one of these information packages.  Maybe it's the small stuff
that's giving everyone a hard time.  What you are actually looking for is
"Past Model Information" on your specific year of truck.  The term
"Restoration Package" is "NOT" a formal term for an item that they stock as
a parts store would.  Some folks there are familiar with that terminology,
but some are not.  GM provides this service as a courtesy.  It's free and
it's good information to have, so be patient with the folks. (No, I don't
work for GM! I just like accomplishing what I set out to do.)

  The folks at The Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center (800)222-1020
probably won't know what you're talking about, as that is the main
switchboard.  I refer to these folks as "The Keepers of The Gates".  You
can't get anywhere from there if you don't ask the right question, or use
the right terminology in most cases.

  When you call, ask for the "Hobby Shop" or "Library".  They'll connect you
with someone at the Chevrolet Hobby and Sales Group.  Once there, tell them
you are interested in "Past Model Information." They have a printed 68 page
soft cover publication with that name (You're requesting one of these!) and
it should ring a bell.

  In addition, you also are requesting a copy of "Truck Specifications" for
your year truck.  They'll ask for your VIN number.  What you'll get is a
copy of the specifications for Chevrolet Trucks for the year you've told
them.  It's about 90 pages and is really good information.

  These two items; The "Past Model Information" Booklet, and "Truck
Specifications" (by year), make up what we refer to as the "Restoration
Pack".

  Also, I've seen the address posted with the wrong zip code, etc.

Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 7047
Troy, MI  48007

  I spoke with "Becky" at the "Hobby Shop" several years ago when I got
mine.  She was very courteous and I received the information in short order.
I hope this helps.

Yours,
Kevin P.
'59 Apache 38/NAPCO