Re: [oletrucks] A word about POR-15

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A word about POR-15
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 00:39:06 EST
Charles,

I lived with the stuff on my hands for 3 weeks a coupla months ago when I
used it as a basecoat in the trunk of a car I'm restoring. I sprayed it and
it worked fine. I too was leary of putting the stuff through a good gun so I
sprayed it with a beat-up old binks "69" I use for primer. As far as I can
tell, it didn't hurt the gun a bit. But, clean up can be real nasty.

I really wasn't that impressed with POR 15 overall. It's really no substitute
for sandblasting or commercial dipping. I suppose I was hoping the stuff
would have a thicker consistancy to hide imperfections better. I was under
the impression that POR 15 was kinda like the way to cheat that's so good
it's OK,  I may be a little too descriminating, but I can see it's not done
right so I'm gonna use up the rest of my quart then go back to doing things
the way I think is right.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons