[oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 00:17:51 EST
Hey everyone,

Finally found a 270 GMC. It's in excellent shape for being outside with no
head for 20+ years. Got the crank out with thousands of blows with a big dead
blow and a quart of aerokroil (Damn good stuff!), but the pistons are rusted
in the bores so tight they might as well be considered cast in there. I need
to reuse the rods, so destructive  piston removal methods can't be too
destructive. I've heard of putting the head on the engine then filling the
chamber with acetylene/oxygen, replacing the spark plug and igniting with BBQ
ignitor. Or freezing the pistons and breaking them apart. What's worked for
you guys? I really don't feel like missing with a 12 pound sledge and taking
off a corner of the block. There's gotta be a better way. Please help.

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons