Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:51:54 -0500
Please don't try the BBQ fluid solution! If you don't crack the block you
might hurt somebody. There is no "easy" way to do this. Maybe a machine shop
could rig some kind of a press but cost would be prohibitive. The pistons
WILL come out with the proper "persuasion".  Set the block upright on a
couple of railroad ties or the like. Soak the bores with Kroil for a day or
so. Get a 16 lb sledge and a 3" driver. Knock the pistons down in the bores
and remove after breaking off the skirts.

Jack / Winter Park FL