Re: [oletrucks] FYI

To: Deve Krehbiel <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] FYI
From: J & M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 05:48:18 -0800
I was always told a good rule of thumb for thinning paint for spraying, is to
thin it to the consistency of milk. They also make plastic viscosity gauges, a
funnel like thing you pour the paint through and time how long it takes to
drizzle out. I always used lacquer thinner for thinning but I suppose the
correct method would be to determine what the solvent base is of the paint you
are using and thin it with that. If it doesn't say on the can what it is, ask
the supplier for a M.S.D.S. (material safety data sheet) they are required by
law to have these available. The sheet should have a component breakdown of the
material, along with related hazards.

Jeff Street
'55-2 short/step "Street's rod-project"