Re: [oletrucks] young guys

To: jforbes@primenet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] young guys
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:22:10 EST
jforbes@primenet.com writes:

> Justin--
>
>  I'm 38 now, but when I was 16 I got my 59 truck running with the newly
>  rebuilt 235....and I was still only 17 when I yanked it out and dropped
>  in the big block!
>
>  Not sure how this affects your survey, but I think that if you start out
>  young as a hot rodder, you'll probably stay that way forever   :)
>
>  Jim

  Damn Jim,

  I helped my Dad out when I was 11 or 12, putting in the BBC in his (at that
time) '57.  The need for speed when I turned 16 was evident, and ready for me
as well.

  I'm the same age as you and over the years have done lots of hotrodding and
lots of plain-jane resto, although most of the original resto has been in the
last 10 years or so.  After aone more original resto, my next few projects
are back to hotrod/streetrod.

  But the purpose of my reply to you is that I just realized I'm out of the
closet now, and can be considered Bi-restosexual:)

  Mike