Re: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question

To: Dave P <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:37:05 -0600
It will pass by the starter where the battery cable is attached. It does not go
through the starter. if it did, it would spin. Did you know if the battery
voltage is higher than the output of the generator, it will motor, meaning it
will spin as a motor. Any DC motor can be made into a generator by spinning it
fast enough to
produce more voltage that what the battery has. This does not apply to
alternators which produce AC and then is recitfied to DC. I hope this helps.