Fwd: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:38:45 EDT
--part1_30.4504573.26399ce5_boundary

To: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 05:55:00 -0700
From: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question

Greg,

Thanks for the reply. It will be awhile before I can check on the Nomad. It's
on one side of WA, and I'm on the other. Let's me tell you as much as I can,
then you can add more info if you feel it's needed.

We have an alternator with an external regulator. The alt is NOT a single wire.
We do have an amp meter inside the car. There are NO idiot lights. The big wire
from the regulator goes to the amp meter to the battery. We haven't checked any
of those connections to see if they are hot.

Both of us feel somewhat capable when it comes to turning a wrench, but this
has us baffled. Actually, with a car having only a couple wires it makes us
feel very incapable. Oh well, guess that's why neiher of us chose automotives
as a career.

It seems to me that if we have a bad amp meter the battery won't be getting a
charge. I will have my dad check to see if it's hot on one side and not the
other. Thanks
---

Dave P
'51 project