[oletrucks] off topic--charging question

To: "truck list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] off topic--charging question
From: "Dave P" <my51truck@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 05:55:53 -0700
Good morning list,

I asked the list for some help a few weeks ago while I was visiting my parents.
I was working on his '55 Nomad, 327/th400, and it wasn't charging. I've checked
the alternator, replaced the voltage regulator, and the battery received a good
charging (outside the car) I received lots of responses and to those
folks...THANKS.

One question that never got answered and has me puzzled is "How does the charge
from the alternator get to the battery?" Does it pass through the starter, or
is it just magic? My dad and I are stumped. The car still isn't charging.

any suggestions?  Please help. It's no fun cruising then asking for a jump!---

Dave P
'51 project
'53 part-time project