RE: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Shop Hoist Engineering Question
From: "Rich Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:45:24 -0600
Jeff, I put a 28 x 40 shop addition on my barn for a shop.  Used pole barn
construction.  I didn't do the math, but I'm pretty sure that ordinary
footings/framing would not have been much more expensive.  I insulated with
2" foam and sheetrocked.  Now when I want to put up a shelf or hang anything
from the wall, I have to locate a girt and use 3" screws.  Two suggestions:
(1) consider footings and frame construction; (2) make it bigger if you can;
(3) don't try to hang an  I beam on pole construction.  Good luck!
Rich Gallagher
Great Falls, MT
50 1 ton & 56 3200