Re: [oletrucks] Polishing Old paint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Polishing Old paint
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:32:26 -0400
You'll have to use some sort of cleaner to remove all of the oxidation
buildup. If you have access to a buffer, I bought one from Wal Mart, and
was totally surprised at the results. You can use a polishing agent, I
prefer the liquid polish as opposed to the ole paste polishing compound. A
good cleaning and wax will bring some of the shine back. I use Macquires
for everything--good stuff....   wayne

At 09:01 PM 7/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>My 54, which has been painted sometime in it's life, Green of course, is
>looking dull.
>It was shinier when I first got it 4 yrs. ago. I haven't shined or any wax
>on a car for
>years. Seems like all the stuff I knew was the good stuff has dissapeared. I
>used to
>like Turtle Wax Liquid, it cleaned good too. If I want to polish or buff,
>not with rubbing
>compound, what liquid polish do you reccommend? This is not a show truck
>just
>wanted to put little life back in paint. Give me  some ideas.
>
>G. L. Perry
>Huntington, IN
>54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)
>50 Chevy COE (project)