Re: [oletrucks] CAR SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!

To: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] CAR SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!!
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:29:40 -0700
>Hi Mark,

These were quite popular a few years ago after the insurance for events
such as the "street-ka-hana"  and "go - whoa" held at major NSRA shows
became too prohibitively high. The "street-ka-hana" was a short course with
tight turns run by streetrods for best time. The "go - whoa" was just as it
sounds, a short straight line run (yards not 1/4 mile) with acceleration
from the line and stop short of the end line for best time. Same thing
happened to the motorized creeper races, once 2 cycle motorcycle engines
became the norm.

Slow drags pits two vehicles against on another leaving a line towards a
finish line, the object being to arrive there last. Sounds simple, but the
rules are no driver intervention besides steering. Drivers normally adjust
their vehicles idle for the slowest amount of creep, but normally at least
one obstacle such as a 2X4 or 3X3 are in the path and the vehicle must
climb over the that without stopping. The challenge being to keep enough
engine speed to climb over but not go too fast after surmounting the
obstacle. There were many variations on this theme but you can get the
general idea.
How you do'in on the front end??

>This line caught my attention.  What the heck is a "slow drag"?

>             Mark Self
>          Redlands, CA
>    '55 1st 5-window 3100
>    "Sentimental Journey"

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer
e-mail - bfischer@utm.net  or  robert.f.fischer.jr@syntegra.com