Re: [oletrucks] Wanted: TF Rear Fiberglass Fender Source

To: CyrusR@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wanted: TF Rear Fiberglass Fender Source
From: J and M Street <jmstreet@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 16:36:30 -0700
Hi Randy, I checked out just about vendor out there for wide glass fenders for
TF
trucks. I found the best quality were made by Lawrence Auto Body in Michigan.
They prefer not to sell direct but are carried by a few vendors. Bruce Horkey
Cabinetry, (the bed wood guy) sells them and had the best prices and I got
excellent service. The fenders are shipped by truck factory direct from MI. The
fenders are 3" wider than stock and are very heavy compared to the competitors.
They are sold with matching steps that taper in to match the cab. The steps are
smooth and don't have the ribs on them. I haven't installed them yet (I'm having
a custom bed made) but don't foresee any problems. They were just over $500.00 a
pair including steps.
I had a 12 bolt posi rear end widened to 63.5" and I'll be running 305/45/17
(13"
wide) tires on 11" rims and will have about 1" of clearance on each side without
tubs in the bed (that was the whole idea, no tubs) I just completed the chassis
and engine and it's sitting low and fat! Hope this helps.- Jeff

Jeff Street
Seattle, WA
'55-2 short/step "Street's Rod-project" (Low-Fat)