Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] more 5 speed questions
From: bob_keeland@usgs.gov
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:58:24 -0500
Shawn,

     Thanks for the info.  I knew that I had seen some small pickup frame
with dauls, but I really don't think that I want any Toyota parts on my AD.
As I will be making this a flat bed, perhaps the width of the rearend may
not make quite as much difference.  Also, from the messages from everyone
else it does not seem that a T5 may be strong enough for the stuff I plan
to haul so I guess that I am still wondering what tranny to use (?).  Oh
well, it will probably be months before I have to really make a decision.

BobK
51 3600 5-window project
Arnaudville, LA

                    "SHAWN & JO"

                    <yooperwannabe@pr        To:     <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>

                    odigy.net>               cc:

                                             Subject:     Re: [oletrucks] more
5 speed
                    08/10/00 08:30 PM        questions

Bob,
    Although I haven't done it yet, I'm planning on converting my 1 ton 51
panel to a dually. I have a mid seventies 14bolt van rear that I am
planning
on using. According to preliminary measurements I'll have about 2" on each
inside wheel well to keep the 16.5x975 duals from rubbing. I'm going to
have
to widen the fenders to cover but it all looks like it will work and will
match my 8 lug fronts. As for brakes and gears..any 4x4 mag should have
lockers, ring and pinions, etc.
    As for the S10 question...beats me. the only thing even close that I
personally know of would be those little Toyota 1ton box trucks that one of
the moving (uhaul, ryder, etc.) companies used to rent. I see them for sale
occasionally in truck traders or heavy equipment traders.
Shawn
51 Chevy 1ton 4x4 dually panel (hopefully)