Re: [oletrucks] My first car show

To: "Linda martin" <lhmartin@wam.umd.edu>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My first car show
From: "Designs by Rock" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 08:50:30 -0700
Linda,
Don't be nervous about showing off your truck at a show.  I've been to
several shows, and I always went in knowing that I would be out classed in
my division.  My truck doesn't fit in either of the divisions you usually
find at a car show.  I'm not totally stock so I get killed in that one. I'm
not modified enough to really compete in that class, but the fun of going
isn't in trying to win the trophies, but rather of meeting others who have
the same interest in old vehicles.  Go to the show and have some fun.  I've
met some great, long lasting friends at the some car shows.  We even make
sure we meet before the shows now so that we can be lined up next to one
another and spend the day catching up on what has happened over the past
year.

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"