Re: [oletrucks] My first car show

To: Charles Culver <sculver@iwl.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My first car show
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:46:17 -0400
I've gotten so that I just as soon not be judged. My truck is really a driver
that I got carried away with. I go to shows to talk to people who are interested
in trucks, have their own, sometimes still in the project stage, look at other
trucks and talk to their owners. I have won a couple second places, this year at
the Northeast Chevy GMC show the competition was stiff and I didn't place. There
were some beautiful, out of the ordinary trucks that by all means deserved the
peoples choice awards. It was great to see them there, they made the show.
However, when you go to a show a loose to what is IMO an inferior truck, while
watching  the judges pick on every screw up on yours, it can be a little
insulting.. Other factors which can be a thorn in the side loosing to trailer
queens, and people who never worked on their own trucks and are just there to
pick up documentation to go with their "for sale" signs. That said I will admit
one on the nicest trucks I saw this year was a trailer queen, a 36  suburban
with a sign- not to be judged but enjoyed.

Grant

Grant