Re: [oletrucks] My first car show

To: "Linda martin" <lhmartin@wam.umd.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My first car show
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:25:29 -0500
Linda-

Do not be intimidated by my experience.  I just didn't know what to expect,
and although I didn't place, I was very proud to have my truck on display
with all the others.  And I was not at all the only one that was not quite
"show ready."  I think my real downfall was the firewall and the engine.
Although my engine is clean, and has lots of chrome, the paint has chipped
and faded, and the firewall does not have the glossy "see your face" finish
that others had.  And some of my wires are frayed and should be replaced.
(Actually I didn't even know that I was going to have to open the
hood-Duh!!!)

I noticed that the regular entrants all had bottles of spray cleaner and
paper towels, polishing things up right up until the judging.  Bottom line,
I learned that the closer to showroom you look, the higher you will place.

Hey, give it a shot!

Smokey Culver, League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)