[oletrucks] straight axle

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] straight axle
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:37:03 PDT
list,
i plan on keeping my original front end too. however, ive already installed
disc brakes (all '85 camaro parts, with the exception of mustang II inner
bearings). it drives pretty nice for all original springs, shackles,
bushings, etc.,,,, but how will new mono-leaf springs, new shackles, poly
bushings, sway bars front and rear, and power steering (mid 70s chevy 1/2
ton, 2wd adapter kit) make the stock beam ride/ drive? is this worth the
money, or should i bite the bullet and put ifs in. i do really like my
I-beam, becuase, it drives pretty nice on the freeway at 60+ mph, and it
takes any potholed country road i can throw at it. duribility, and
simplicity. there just arent many parts to break. (that is, if you can break
them,..not counting the tie rod naturally, as that can be pretty EZ to bend,
personal experience)
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 chevy 3200