Re: [oletrucks] Brake Shoes

To: "Joshua Tivis" <Tivis@pp.okstate.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Shoes
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:50:38 -0500
The shoes on your 3100, if they are original are huck style brake shoes.  I
haven't been able to locate them at my local FLAPS.  I ordered mine from Jim
Carter, they will give you a discount and will charge you a core charge
until you send them your old ones.  They also have all the brake hardware
you will need.  Be careful as the brakes went to the newer style in 1951.
Easiest way to tell if you have huck style brakes is look at your wheel
cylinder, if the adjusters are on the wheel cylinder then they are huck
style.  If you have the star wheel on the bottom for adjustment then you
have the newer style and you can get them at your local FLAPS

Jon 50 3100
Chicago

Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Shoes