RE: [oletrucks] Patch Panels

To: "'A.B.'" <bigfred@unm.edu>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Patch Panels
From: Whittaker Bill G Civ ASC/SMY <Bill.Whittaker@wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:09:08 -0400
Alfie,

        You can do it several ways.  I use a magnetic release hidden inside
my rear quarter window on my pro-street coupe.  I have a magnet on my key
ring and all you have to do is swipe it by the  release and it pops the door
open.  You can also use hidden buttons or remotes. It's totally up to you.
I would highly suggest that you forget using your stock latches with any
kind of solenoid system.  The aftermarket bear claw latches are simpler to
use, work effortlessly, and won't hang up.  (Whatever you do, don't buy
cheap bear claw latches, spend the extra $20 and get good ones. This is
experience talking.  Trust me.) You're inside handles will work the same as
they do now.  The actuator rod will hook onto the bear claw latch with no
problems.

Bill Whittaker
'53 3100 Hemi
Built Like A Rock