[oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:38:30 -0500
Well now that it is cold I am taking parts off the truck that I can work in
inside.  Once completed I am then placing it back on the truck outside.  The
first item was the oil filled air cleaner.  I took this off and cleaned it
up.  It looks to me to be a piece of aluminum - no rust at all inside or
outside.  It has that gray color and feel.  Only the top of the lid looks
like it was painted black and had a sticker on it.  My question is now that
it is clean and looking great - I would hate to paint it.  All of the
original 46's that I have seen all have this as a semi gloss black.  I think
I may be special since I have a 45?  Any take on what is correct.

One other problem.  The bottom piece that holds the oil has a very small
hole in it.  It is about as big an if you would take a pencil and poke into
where the lead stops.  I am wondering what would be the best thing to use to
fill this hole and also retain the oil in the bath.

Thanks
Jim House
Hollis, NH

Jim House