Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original
From: B&A Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 22:47:41 -0600 (CST)
I can't answer to the air cleaner, though it seems like any exotic metal
like aluminum would be unlikely in 45.  Same with stainless.  A magnet
would tell for sure.

Try cleaning it up real good with a wire brush and try JB Weld.  The real
way to fix it is to drop the pan and weld or braze a patch over the hole.
Question is where did the hole come from?  Rust?  Rock?  Something rubbing?

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN