Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] oil air bath - keeping it original
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:55:07 -0800
Hi,
The old air filters I've seen seem to be galvanized and painted black.  The
usually were well preserved because they had oil all over them.  A magnet
will tell you if it's steel or not.  The hole must have come form a little
water sitting in the bottom under the oil.

I like Dave Koon's fix with the JB Weld.

Stay warm cleaning those parts!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA