Re: [oletrucks] Rearend sizing

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rearend sizing
From: "Jake Heaton" <jacobh@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 21:47:19 -0600
As far as the chassis goes, most of the hard stuff was done when I bought
it.  The frame had been updated to mustang II and the leaf springs were in
place.  There was also a custom trany crossmember that had been installed.
The truck was more or less "in buckets" when I bought it so I get to choose
how everything goes into it, which has it pros and cons!  For a motor I
bought a 75 Chevy truck that had a 350/350 combo.  The engine rusted up
tight and when we disected it, we found that it wasn't something I wanted to
put in a new rod.  We ended deciding to use it for a core.  We knew the
trany was bad and ended up getting another one instead of re-building.  I
will be going with an aftermarket steering colum to mate up with my power
mII rack-n-pinion.  I have to say that I love my panel very much, but to be
honest with you, I didn't know what a panel was when I went to see it!  I
was actually looking for a regular truck,  56 F-100!  I went the total
oposite didn't I!!!   Well, if there is anything I can help with, or if you
have any specific questions feel free to ask.  You might want to check out
my site.  It has some pretty good links on it.  I'll be leaving on an LDS
mission on the 23 of this month so after that I can't help but till then ask
all the questions you want.
Thanks,
      Jacob Heaton

www.brigham.net/~jacobh/barndoors/index.htm