RE: [oletrucks] Under Dash Light for my 46

To: "'haist'" <haist2@home.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Under Dash Light for my 46
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:41:09 -0400
Whitney,
Page 8 of the owners manual go into great detail on how this switch works.
This manual calls this light the "ASH RECEIVER LIGHT".  It should be a 3 way
switch, mine is only 2 way. What a surprise - I do not know if I have to
much of a standard truck (being a 45).  Also just discovered I have the
setup for auto horns under the hood - one on each side with what looks like
original mounting brackets for the horns - this is another topic.

How the switch should work is when the toggle is positioned closest to the
steering column the 2 instrument panel lights are on, in neutral position no
lights and to the far right all 3 lights are on.

I have the light socket and it has a bulb in it.  I can not find a simple
way to pull it out to replace the bulb.  Any ideas?

Also, there is one wire running from the light to my toggle switch that is
in the bottom of the dash.  This switch is in a lateral hole under the dash
curve and it seems to fit perfectly.  From the other end of this switch is
nothing but a screw hole.  I think I need to fashion a wire and connect it
to the hot side of the headlight switch.  The switch is black and slides
both right and left (I am guessing on and off).  Sound like a good plan?  I
was looking for someone who has this wired original.

The wiring diagram in the shop manual has it connected to the natural black
cross that is also connected to the tail light.  I think this would only
work if the headlights are on? This switch is labeled instrument light
switch.

Thanks for you input:

NHJim