Re: [oletrucks] Carlisle on Sunday

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carlisle on Sunday
From: James Collins <jxc7@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:16:53 -0400
Jim,

Sunday is very poor when compared to Friday and Saturday at all
Carlisle events. Many vendors come from great distances and begin
pulling out on Saturday evening. Sunday typically is very slow and
consists mainly of flee marketeers and area vendors. However, if I
recall correctly, Sunday is the day they give away a nice car or two
in a drawing and you have to be there to win ( I imagine as a
marketing ploy to get people to stay). Hey, you might get lucky! You
should have come to look at Penn State on Friday (A straight drive on
route 80) and driven to Carlisle on Saturday (about 90-100 mi.).
Better still, come back for the truck show, it's more focused on what
matters. The truck show is great fun. And don't forget Hershey is the
fall when you come back to visit your daughter in her new home away
from home. Good excuse if you are needing one!

Shamus