Re: [oletrucks] More brake conversion

To: glperry@fwi.com, Steve@OldSub.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More brake conversion
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:33:36 -0500
I put my master cylinder on the firewall becasue of a 350 conversion and run
the rear brake line the same as stock, down along the frame rail on the
drivers side. My exhaust also runs along the drivers side ( the same route
as the stock exhaust) because of the gas tank on the passenger side of the
frame.  I have not had any problems.  My front lines run from a
proportioning valve under the master cyl. along the back of the front cross
member the same as the stock set up.

>From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
>To: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@OldSub.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More brake conversion
>Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:27:49 -0500
>
>I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. MC is on left frame where
>orig was? under floor?
>Why not just run the line down left frame rail? That's the way they are on
>my big trucks. Why does it goe accross
>frame?  The fronts can just   go forward, to a tee on left rail near
>bellhousing x-over, one to left front one going down
>along  x-over to right rail and forward to hole in frame and mount for
>hose.
>I wouldn't run the fronts from a line that
>crosses way in the back on frame x-over somewhere? Would make bleeding
>harder I would think.
>
>G. L. Perry
>Huntington, IN 46750
>glperry@fwi.com
>Big AD trucks, COE
>MM tractors and 1 Oliver!

Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.  Join now!