Re: [oletrucks] chassie to fit under a 46??

To: "Pat Cossey" <ccossey@seark.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] chassie to fit under a 46??
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:56:16 -0500
Use original truck frame, and put the front end and rear from your 67 Nova
under it, junk the rest of car! That should be about the right width.
Actually, now that the "fun" is over, I like the orig frame and makeing
changes to it. Use stock rear springs and put pads on donor vehicle's rear
to fit. Keep the stock Beam axle, just put on disc brake kits, or maybe the
Mono-leaf springs too to set lower and better ride. OR, if big bucks are OK,
get one of several x-over kits offered in magazines. Some use Mid-size
chassis parts, others use Mustang  or such. For all the work to put that old
body on some other frame, it won't matter much WHAT you choose, everything
won't "bolt" on and have to make mounts for all metal and the brake and
steering connections anyway. If you use orig frames, they have all the
"kits" you want to put modern stuff in old frames. Still the easiest way,
keeping orig frame I mean. Just my opinion. Besides, you'll just be a
"hacker" now!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
glperry@fwi.com