Re: [oletrucks] Motor ID

To: "Claude" <cramey@earthlink.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor ID
From: "Joe Garcia" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:56:58 -0800
Yep........that's what I get....1958-1962, 283 2-bolt main block.  Oh,  the
double hump heads are supposed to be mailed to me....they were put on your
engine by mistake...lol.

I dropped a freshly build 283 with 194 fulie heads and a nice 480 lift comp
cam, high volume oil pump, double roller timing chain, aluminum intake and a
640 double pumper holley with HEI in a little Willys Jeepster Convertible
I'm building for my Dad.  You should have seen the look on his face when I
fired it up the first time.  I'm sitting in the drivers seat and the little
Jeepster rocks from side to side with the lope of the cam.  Sounds good
running through 2 1/2" exhaust and flow masters.