Re: [oletrucks] Trailering Trucks....

To: <Wdonohoe1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trailering Trucks....
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:26:52 -0800
I can understand that a car which weighs maybe 3600 lbs at most sitting on a
trailer that weighs 10,000 or more, being pulled by a vehicle that weighs
more than those together might not cause trouble if it moves a little.  But
imagine that same car on a 1200 lb trailer being pulled by a 3500 lb pickup.

Years ago I used to haul such things on a typical car trailer with electric
brakes behind a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup.  I remember one load getting a little
loose when something broke, and keeping it under control got a little
exciting.

I like a secured load, and in my mind that means the load doesn't shift
around when I hit a bump or go around a corner.

I don't doubt your story about the state patrol.  I have often doubted that
much good sense existed in any government agency.