[oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:29:47 +0000
Hello list,

I was driving my truck today and the oil pressure gage would go from 30 PSI
to 'ZERO PSI' and back up to peg out the 30 PSI side then go back to ZERO
and then 30 and on and on and on.  I have a 235 high pressure system ,60
PSI,.  I talked to a garage and they said that they would drop the oil pan
and clean out the 'sump?' for $160.  That means that I will get a bill for
over $300 because they will find something else wrong.

My question to the list - What can I do to check out the oil pump?  I opened
the oil filter container and started the engine and no oil squirted out so
that tells me that there isn't any oil coming out of the engine.  Could the
'sump' be clogged?  Can I clean it by forcing oil backward through the pump?
  What to do?

Please help -- I can feel the DTs coming already.

Durwood
51 Chevy 1/2 ton Deluxe 5 window