RE: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP

To: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:12:18 -0500
Durwood,

One thing I found this fall from the local "Express Lube" place was they
have extra light oil that they will push through the engine to clean out
some sludge. I usually change my own oil but at only a buck a quart to run
through the engine, it seemed like a deal so I did it. They let me watch
what came out when they did it. It was disgusting.

They drained the oil and then pumped a couple quarts through. When it
started to run fairly clear they let it drain some more and then filled the
engine with new oil.

I don't know if it really did any good, but my oil pressure is better and
the engine runs like a sewing machine again.

I have a 1940 216 with no remote oil filter. The kids at the oil change
place freaked when they couldn't find a filter. :)

Unless someone comes back and says this is total bunk and I fell for the
biggest scam in the industry. What can I say I am gullible. :)  I plan on
doing this for the next couple of oil changes.

Bill Schickling