Re: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP

To: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NO OIL PRESSURE! HELP
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:16:31 -0700
When I was "in" Rangerboat, CVA-61, my roommate was a warrant gunner. He
used to run a quart of turpentine thru his engine between oil changes, after
draining the old oil. He would then clean around all the sparkplugs, then
remove them. Then he would turn the engine over just with the starter for a
few minutes, making sure he didn't overheat the starter. But with no
sparkplugs, and no compression, the engine turned over pretty easily. This
might get rid of any plugs you might have. Can anyone tell us if this would
be detrimental to the engine? When he drained the turpentine out, he
repeated the procedure with a quart of new oil, which he then drained.
Maybe there might be a solvent that might work better? A friend has a 84
FXXX which has the same problem. I wonder if it could be the sensor which
plugs into the oil gallery? Bob K in PHX, AZ.