RE: [oletrucks] IFS vs. Stock.

To: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] IFS vs. Stock.
From: "Hanlon, Bill (ISS Houston)" <Bill.Hanlon@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:14:08 -0600
My 57 GMC daily driver now has 6 lug disks from a mid 70's GM 4x4 on the front
and a dual chamber master cylinder.  Stops great.  My truck had optional 8 leaf
front springs.  I removed the #3 and #6 leaves (counting from the top) and
brought the front bumper down almost 2".

MOR-DROP axles Oakland, CA at (510) 661-1888 has been making dropped solid
front axles forever.
If they don't have one for your truck they could drop yours.

Another alternative is going with mono-leaf front springs.

I've never seen dropped spindles for Chevy/GMC solid front axle trucks.